Responsible Fishing Scheme
Written by James Buchan – Internal Auditor
The Responsible Fishing Scheme (RFS) was introduced to maintain a standard that is acceptable to retail customers demands. In March, in collaboration with retailers, the SWFPA decided to actively pursue owners to commit to the RFS scheme.
Presently there are 42 SWFPA 5 MNWFA vessels certified by the Scheme.
Since I’ve started in March 2018, 7 more vessels have applied for certification:
- 5 of these vessels are SWFPA
- 2 of these vessels is MNWFA
- 3 of these vessels are demersal trawlers
- 2 of these vessels target scallops
- 2 of these vessels target nephrops